Reporting to the Director, Heritage, Lands & Natural Resources, the Lands Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and administering land management programs for the Government of Carcross/Tagish First Nation (C/TFN) and for integrating the four elements of the Values and Virtues of Life (mental, emotional, spiritual and physical) into these programs.
Amongst other duties, this will entail:
- Developing, implementing and administering land use laws and policies, such as for the issuance of permits, charging of fees, overseeing inspections and enforcement;
- Developing, implementing and administering the Government of C/TFN (GC/TFN) land registry for recording interests in settlement land such as lease agreements, encroachments, and site selections for residential, commercial and traditional uses;
- Developing, implementing and administering a system for the payment of lease fees and property taxes;
- Providing advice, monitoring and conducting negotiations with respect to administration and renewal of existing rights on settlement land;
- Providing advice and/or conduct negotiations on rights of access to and across Settlement Land;
Download Job Posting